Wednesday 25 January 2012

PTI Blog Hop... Casing Myself

Hi there,


When I saw this month's PTI blog hop theme, I really wanted to play along so I found a little window of time today after work to put something together. The challenge was to take your favourite card from last year and case yourself - what fun! Here's what I came up with:


And here's the card from last year that I cased:


As you can see, I kept the layout, the doily, the style of ribbon, lace, button etc, but changed the colour scheme, flower stamp and sentiment used. I used Papertrey's Delightful Dahlias set along with Mat Stack 2 and Tea for Two for the sentiment. The flowers were stamped on coloured card then shaded slightly with a light grey copic marker. I must admit, I prefer the 2011 version, but probably because I like rich, bold colours more than pastels!

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

10 comments:

  1. Yep! Very, very pretty! You really know how to use those gorgeous flowers! Love them both!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy - they're both gorgeous but I'm loving the softer colours that you've used this time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft and pretty card! Sure to lift someone's spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love flowers real or stamped and colored. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so beautiful. Love the flower and colors. So feminine.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new card is absolutely pretty in pink! I especially love the purples in your 2011 card, too. Gorgeous work, here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the huge flowers for focal images-great job layering, and both color combos are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete