Thursday 9 February 2012

Vintage Musical Birthday...

When I saw the announcement on Nichole's blog about Papertrey being on Pinterest I thought I would go and check it out (I've not really been on Pinterest before, but I can see why people are so keen - loads of inspiration!). I found this inspiration piece that caught my eye:


I used the colours, sheet music and vintage feel to inspire my card...


I dug out some very old papers that I've had in my draw for AGES that reminded me of the paper used in the inspiration piece. The lower panel is a piece of retired SU dsp that I overstamped with PTI's background music stamp with charcoal ink. I layered some blushing bride die cuts (from PTI's banner borders) in the centre then layered a die-cut doily and a sentiment using the Mat Stack 2 die and stamp set (sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Basics set). I added a couple of buttons and some pearls to finish. The layout is from this CPS anniversary sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

3 comments: